We are sharing learning from the Norwich Inclusion Charter project with seven secondary schools in the Great Yarmouth area to strengthen inclusive practice and build positive collaboration across schools in the area. By sharing learning and resources from Norwich the aim is to reduce the numbers of children being excluded from school.
To achieve this we are supporting the development of a collaborative network of Inclusion Champions in Great Yarmouth, funding inclusive culture packages and supporting secondary schools with a new Engagement Lead funded role.
Working in partnership with Norfolk County Council, we are also offering a new fully funded SEND/SEMH flexible CPD opportunity for all classroom teachers in primary and secondary schools. This unique offer includes:
- Easy to use toolkit for teachers to help identify different learning needs in their class
- Flexible, accessible, and FREE E-learning modules designed to support teachers’ understanding of SEND and SEMH
- Bite-sized e-learning units with specific topic areas covered and solutions for practical support in classrooms
- Funded time to track the impact of actions and learning up to £450 cover costs per member of staff – for as many class teachers as you wish. The course will run over a maximum of 18 hours, from 7th March 2022 and is easily accessible through the S4S learning platform.
Register your interest HERE by 22nd February 2022 in readiness for a launch event on 23rd February 2022
The seven secondary schools we are working with are:
- Acle Academy (Wensum Trust) Acle, Norwich, Norfolk https://www.wensumtrust.org.uk/acleacademy
- Caister Academy (Creative Education Trust) Caister-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk https://www.caisteracademy.org.uk/
- Cliff Park Ormiston Academy (Ormiston Academies Trust) Gorleston-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk https://www.cliffparkoa.co.uk/
- Flegg High Ormiston Academy (Ormiston Academies Trust) Martham, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk https://www.fleggormistonacademy.co.uk/
- Great Yarmouth Charter Academy (Inspiration Trust) Great Yarmouth, Norfolk https://www.greatyarmouthcharteracademy.org/
- Lynn Grove Academy (Creative Education Trust) Gorleston-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk https://www.lynngroveacademy.org.uk/
- Ormiston Venture Academy (Ormiston Academies Trust) Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk https://www.ormistonventureacademy.co.uk/
Primary schools eligible to participate in the SEND/SEMH CPD opportunity and who can access funded staff time are listed here.