“A Communication Champion is a leader in empowering children and young people with the skills for their future”
Addressing speech, language and communication needs in the early years can have a powerfully positive impact on the health and wellbeing, educational progress and employability of children and young people.
The Communication Champions Network is a result of collaboration between local early years leaders and experts with the bold vision to create a universal approach to improving early speech and language across a range of early years settings by empowering staff to become “Communication Champions”.
What is a Communication Champion?
A member of staff within your Early Years setting with a passion for developing children’s early speech and language skills. They may be a teacher, nursery assistant, childminder or member of support staff.
Schools and early years settings that sign up to the Communication Champions Network can nominate 2-3 Communication Champions who will receive comprehensive training to develop their own practice, and to become leaders in their own setting, delivering training to all staff to create a universal approach.
“A Communication Champion is at the heart of transformation in their setting, indeed in their area”
The investment we’ve made in our Communication Champions:
- Quality training through The Communication Trust
- Paid membership of an appropriate professional organisation
- The chance to achieve a level 2 or level 3 qualification in Early Speech and Language
- The opportunity to complete an MA with an approved provider
- Network meetings and conferences across the Norwich Opportunity Area
Schools also receive:
- A copy of WellComm – the complete speech and language toolkit
- Train the Trainer resources
For more information please see here
For upcoming training dates please see here
If your school or setting would like to sign up to the Norwich Communication Champions Network please contact Ashley Cater: firstname.lastname@example.org