Norwich OA are working with primary and secondary schools in Norwich to support pupils and their parents to engage with remote learning at home.
A Remote Learning Coach aims to work with pupils and parents identified by their school who aren’t used to using IT at home and would benefit from support.
The role aims to:
- Support pupils and their parents to engage confidently with remote learning at home.
- Act as Coach to encourage progress, participation and engagement with home learning for identified students during periods of remote learning.
- Encourage, support and upskill pupils and their family to use IT effectively at home to access support, advice and opportunities.
Information for schools
Funding for a Remote Learning Coach is offered to NOA primary and secondary schools with the highest levels of disadvantaged students. Based on the most recent LA data, eligible schools invited to participate are:
- City Academy Norwich
- Sewell Park Academy
- The Hewett Academy
- Open Academy
- Norwich Primary Academy
- Valley Primary Academy
- West Earlham Junior School & West Earlham Infant & Nursery School
- Bluebell Primary School
- Edith Cavell Academy & Nursery
- Henderson Green Primary Academy
- Wensum Junior Academy
- Nelson Infant School
- Mile Cross Primary School
- Tuckswood Academy & Nursery
- Lionwood Junior School
- St Michael’s Junior School
- Catton Grove Primary School
- George White Junior School
- Clover Hill Infant & Nursery School
- Lakenham Primary School
- Short Stay School for Norfolk
- The Wherry School
- The Clare School
- Parkside School
- Eaton Hall Special Academy
- Harford Manor School
Next steps for interested schools …
Norwich OA have collected expressions of interest from individuals with relevant experience who are available to work immediately. Schools will need to employ the Coach directly and NOA will cover costs.
Contact Claire Sparrow via email to request participation in the project and access details about the potential Coaches: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Remote Learning Coaches