Three providers are running world of work activities in Norwich primary schools this term and planning activities for next academic year. These include full day enterprise challenge days, half day sessions that aim to bring the curriculum to life and short sessions that showcase different types of careers.
We are looking for people of all backgrounds, careers and abilities to volunteer their time.
You could support these activities by talking about the job you do and increase children’s awareness of different types of careers, build enthusiasm and inspire them!
Careers activities with primary aged students may seem unnecessary or premature, but evidence shows us that children will start to narrow their career aspirations at ages 7-11 based on who they know and the role models around them.
Contact Form The Future
via their website to volunteer your time for any of the below
activities and they will support you with what to expect and provide more details. Or contact Grainne Buckley (email@example.com
- Monday 3rd June – Norwich Free School (Enterprise Day)
- Monday 10th June – Avenue Junior School (Enterprise Day)
- Thursday 13th June – St Michael’s VA Junior School (Enterprise Day)
- Monday 24th June – Valley Primary Academy (Enterprise Day)
- Monday 8th July – Clover Hill Infant & Junior School (Careers Carousel)
- TBC in July – Clare School
- TBC in July – Locksley Short Stay School
Contact Matt Bagley at Camouflaged Learning to volunteer for any of the below careers and enterprise sessions (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday 6th June – George White Primary
- Friday 7th June – Edith Cavell Primary
- Tuesday 11th June – Bignold Primary
- Thursday 13th June – Mile Cross Primary
- Friday 14th June – Catton Grove Primary
- Thursday 20th June – Magdalen Gates Primary
Please contact Katie White, Norwich Opportunity Area Programme Manager with
any queries or for more details – email@example.com / 07384 117147.