Did you know that children’s career ambitions are already limited by the age of seven?
If you are a Primary School in Norwich OA you can receive fully funded programmes for your pupils designed to kick-start their careers education.
- ENTERPRISE SESSION – Encouraging children to identify and develop essential non-academic skills through enterprising activities to focus on personal, social and emotional skills and their importance to work, using visitors from a variety of jobs.
- CAREER PERCEPTIONS – Help pupils understand how jobs will change in the coming years by imagining the future, challenging gender stereotypes along the way.
- SUBJECT THEMES – Give pupils an insight into industries such as construction, engineering, catering, tourism, retail and warehousing to demonstrate contextualised learning.
- For 30-300 pupils working in teams to develop an idea for a product or service, with help from local entrepreneurs
- Children meet people from a range of jobs in a “Guess Who” scenario – exploring what they do in a typical day through a series of mini-workshops
- STEAM subjects (Science, technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) enabling pupils to see how their learning relates to future careers with input from industry volunteers.
- A series of enterprise sessions that introduce young people to entrepreneurialism and improve business knowledge; Target Setting, Sales & Marketing, Business Planning, Finance & Interactive Quizzes.
- Meeting volunteers from a range of jobs, before carouseling through workshops of hands on activities explore employability skills.
- STEAM workshops, from Robotics, to wind turbines, circuits, bridge building and the Tower Tournament!
- Enterprise sessions with interactive group activities to develop essential skills for the future based on a challenging game format.
- Insight sessions with volunteer employers helping pupils create a ‘Hi-Viz CV’ to identify key transferable skills to their workplace/life beyond school
- Working with curriculum staff/leaders to develop projects to illustrate the contextualise the meaning/implications of taught lessons, such as STEM subjects, maths and English
Schools can sign up to activities by completing this form– or speak with providers directly to book in dates.
Please contact Katie White, Norwich Opportunity Area Programme Manager with any queries or for more details – email@example.com / 07384 117147.